The National Bureau of Statistics is seeking to recruit persons to fill the following positions:
1. Statistician: (2 posts)
Main Duties and responsibilities:
- Design data collection schedules and prepare methodology/documentation to be used in the conducting of surveys
- Update databases and thoroughly check the output results regularly for correctness, completeness and integrity of data
- Do data analysis and compile statistical aggregates ensuring compliance with internationally recommended methodology, standards and classifications
- Write statistical reports and prepare documentation as required
- Manage and train lower level staff
- Entry requirements:
- Graduate degree (major / minor combination) in either Statistics, Mathematics, Economics or related social science, or at least an undergraduate qualification and two years’ work experience.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good IT skills and a good knowledge of the MS Office package, and in particular Advance MS Excel skills (An in-depth knowledge in the use of statistical software packages for statistical analysis is desirable)
- Good communication and report writing skills
- Proficiency in English - a good command of the language (written and oral)
The salary entry point is set at SB6 – SB7 plus relevant allowances.
Interested applicants can download the forms from our webpage www.nbs.gov.sc
Completed application forms with CV’s and certificates should be sent to: Ms. Elma Gomme, Human Resource & Budget Management Officer, 3rd floor Caravelle House, Manglier Street or P.O. Box 206, Victoria, Mahe, Seychelles.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATION: 31st August 2021